Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Random Card of the Day 6

Seismic Assault

This card reminds me of the comboness of enchantments. For the most part, it seems that enchantments are very uninteractive and rarely if ever get played.

There are 55 nonaura enchantments in Standard.

Dark Tutelage, Journey to Nowhere, Pyromancer Ascension, and Tempered Steel are the only ones that seem to see any amount of consistent constructed play.

I don't if that changes how I feel about enchantments, but they usually seem more comboey than any other card type. It's funny, I think, that the two really combo enchantments here are both red. But I guess because they are so hard to remove and intrinsically uninteractive, I guess that is why there aren't as many and why they aren't really ever that great.

I don't know. I just really feel like there is so much more to do with enchantments.

No comments:

Post a Comment